Waterland’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards go beyond simple compliance with rules and regulations. Waterland’s Policy on Responsible Investing is intended to ensure that Waterland contributes to the promotion of a sustainable future for businesses, society and the environment. In order to monitor the effectiveness of Waterland’s Policy on Responsible Investing, an ESG Committee was installed comprising two senior investment professionals (including the Chief Investment Officer) and two senior support professionals (including the CFO).
Waterland is a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and is committed to PRI’s Six Principles:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles
Waterland is also a member of the European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA). EVPA is a membership association and network made up of organisations interested in or practising venture philanthropy and social investment across Europe. Established in 2004, EVPA aims to be the home as well as the highest-value catalytic network of European social investors, venture philanthropists and foundations committed to using venture philanthropy and social investment tools to target societal impact. Find more information on www.evpa.eu.com
Waterland Private Equity Investments B.V. is registered as a fund manager in the register maintained by the Dutch regulator, the AFM (Autoriteit Financiële Markten).