Waterland Private Equity sells, along with the founders John Keller and Frank Rittmann, its stake in Ranger Marketing to Ströer. The Cologne-based acquirer will continue to support the direct sales specialist to further expand its focus on dialog marketing, adding a new sales channel to its subsidiary Avedo Group.
Dr. Carsten Rahlfs, partner at Waterland and Head of the Düsseldorf office, commented: “Together with the Ranger management team we have continuously developed the group’s strategic focus and pursued digitalization since the beginning of our investment in 2010. We have succeeded in strengthening long-term customer relationships and created strong foundations for further growth in new segments. With Ströer and Avedo, we have found a buyer who will continue to support this development.“
Ranger Marketing was founded in 1992 by John Keller and Frank Rittmann. In December 2010, Waterland acquired a majority in Ranger Marketing from the founders, with the aim of further expanding the market-leading position of the company.
Today, with over one million customer contacts each month, Ranger Marketing is a leading European personal customer consulting business with a highly professional field service. The group is active in the business-to-consumer (“B2C”) and the business-to-business (“B2B”) customer segments.
- Austrian Private Equity & Venture Capital Organisation (AVCO)
- Belgian Venturing Association (BVA)
- British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA)
- Bundesverband deutscher Kapitalbeteiligungsgesellschaften (BVK)
- Irish Venture Capital Association (IVCA)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Participatiemaatschappijen (NVP)
- Polskie Stowarzyszenie Inwestorow Kapitalowych (PSIK)
- Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association (SECA)